Occupational Therapy is a skilled health care profession hat focuses on maximizing each person’s skills, abilities and independence for their age and life stage. Pediatric Occupational Therapy is geared toward helping children achieve/master skills equal to their age and ability level. This type of children’s therapy is fun and developmentally appropriate and rewarding to the child’s self-esteem.
How Can Occupational Therapy Benefit Children?
Pediatric Occupational therapy can benefit children of all ages with a variety of needs and diagnoses including:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders / Asperger’s Syndrome
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD & ADHD)
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Sensory Integration Disorder
- Learning Disability
- Developmental Delay
- Attachment Disorders
- Downs Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Feeding Disorders
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Behavioral and Emotional Disorders
- Orthopedic Impairments
At Pediatric Potentials, Inc., our occupational therapists provide screenings, assessments, consultations, and treatment for those concerned about:
- Sensory Processing / Self-regulation abilities
- Visual processing and perception
- Gross and fine motor skills
- Self-care tasks
- Social skills
- Self-feeding tasks
How can Pediatric Potentials, Inc. help?
Our pediatric occupational therapists will complete an initial evaluation to become familiar with your child’s strengths, weaknesses, daily routine and the family’s overall concerns and goals. Following the evaluation, they will create an individualized treatment plan and goals to address any concerns that require therapeutic treatment sessions. We take pride in making therapy enjoyable and fun for your child, so that they can be motivated to live their life to their greatest potential.
We use evidence-based treatment approaches including:
- Sensory Integration Treatments
- Positive Behavioral Interventions
- Therapeutic Listening®
- Handwriting Without Tears®
- Beckman Oral Motor Approach®
- Astronaut Training
- Neurofeedback Training
- School-Related Skills
- Gross and Fine Motor Development
- Early Intervention Services
- Feeding and Oral Motor Development
- Balance and Coordination Skills
- Age-Appropriate Daily Living Skills / Self-Help Skills
- Handwriting Skills
- Articulation and Language Development
If you have questions regarding your child’s development or want to learn more about how pediatric occupational therapy can help, call our office today at 407-322-3962. We provide services in Lake Mary, Longwood, Maitland, Winter Park, Winter Springs, Orlando and throughout Central Florida. Pediatric Potentials, Inc. also works with children within their daycare and school settings.
Author/Information provided by: Kelli Arnone MOT, OTR/L, SIPT
Kelli Arnone is the Co-owner and Director of Pediatric Potentials, Inc. a private sensory processing therapy clinic in Lake Mary, Florida. Kelli has over 25 years of experience working with children with sensory integration challenges as well as other developmental delays. She has worked in numerous hospitals, schools, community programs and private practices. She is trained and certified to administer the Sensory Integration Praxis Test (SIPT) and is also trained and certified in Therapeutic Listening, Handwriting Without Tears, The Wilbarger Deep Pressure Protocol and is an Advanced Trained Neurofeedback Practitioner.