In-Office and Telehealth Options Available
Our office is open on a limited basis to offer direct therapy sessions and evaluations. We are also offering Teletherapy sessions, for those who would like support, without needing to leave their home.
Pediatric Potentials is set up to use HIPAA-compliant telehealth programs to offer secure sessions to support you and your child during this time. If you are feeling lost, overwhelmed or stressed with your child’s performance or behaviors, we’ve got you covered. Or, if you’re feeling like you’re losing precious time to get your child’s skills up to a higher level, this can be a great time to reach out safely!
The best use of the telehealth model of face-to-face audio visual input for therapy is to connect with YOU as parents, and teach you ways to help get things done at home.
For our clients who are able to follow directions well to do activities such as gross motor exercises, speech lessons and handwriting, we will work directly with them, with you in the background to help keep them on track or move the video screen as needed.
For our clients who need more hands-on support, we will work directly with the parent, and add the child in “as needed” or “as tolerated” to demonstrate how to complete specific tasks they are working on. This has been a great model to support and train parents so far!
Current COVID-19 restrictions still allow you to seek medical care when needed. With that said, therapists are available to treat your child during limited office hours, with the following precautions in place:
- appointments are spread out throughout the week to limit the number of people in the waiting room at any given time
- no more than 2-3 therapists will be at the office at any time, and you can request a time when you are the only one there
- sessions will be individual only and not intermingled with other clients/families
- siblings and additional family members are not able to come into the building at this time
- one parent is always welcome to join the session if needed for the child, or for parent training, otherwise they can wait in their car
- sanitizing will continue to be thorough with medical grade cleaner between sessions and during sessions as needed
- hand washing is a must when everyone enters the building and every time after touching their faces.
- temperatures may be taken at the start or throughout a session for anyone that is in the building
- all families need to assure that they have not knowingly come in contact with anyone with the COVID-19 virus in the past 2 weeks, and that no one in their household presents with any COVID-19 symptoms.
We are happy to continue providing support during this pandemic, in a different, but safe, welcoming and compassionate atmosphere.
Please reach out to us by emailing us, to ask any questions or get set up for a session. This will be the quickest way to get a response as we work remotely as much as possible.
On behalf of our entire Pediatric Potentials team, we hope that you and your families are safe and healthy during this uncertain time.
With healthiest regards,
Brian & Kelli Arnone