In-Office and Telehealth Options Available
Our office is open Monday through Friday for face-to-face therapy sessions and evaluations. We are also offering Telehealth sessions, for those who would like support, without needing to leave their home.
We are set up to use HIPAA compliant telehealth programs to offer secure sessions to support you and your child during this time. If you are feeling lost, overwhelmed or stressed with your child’s performance or behaviors, we’ve got you covered. Or, if you’re feeling like you’re losing precious time to get your child’s skills up to a higher level, this can be a great time to reach out safely!
The best use of the telehealth model for therapy, is to connect with YOU as parents, and teach you ways to help get things done at home.
For our clients who are able to follow directions well to do activities such as gross motor exercises, speech lessons and handwriting, we will work directly with them, with you in the background to help keep them on track or move the video screen as needed.
For our clients who need more hands-on support, we will work directly with the parent, and add the child in “as needed” or “as tolerated” to demonstrate how to complete specific tasks they are working on. This has been a great model to support and train parents so far!
Current COVID-19 protocols still allow you to seek medical care when needed. With that said, therapists are available to treat your child during limited office hours, with the following precautions in place:
- Every adult must enter wearing a mask fit properly over their mouth and nose and not remove it at any time. There are no exceptions to this rule. We are happy to pick up your child from the car and return them to you if you need to stay outside or have difficulty wearing a mask. Your child must wear a mask as much as possible for their age and condition.
- Only one parent can be in the session if needed for the child, or for parent training, otherwise they can wait in their car
- Siblings and additional family members are not allowed in the building at this time, to minimize everyone’s risk of exposure
- Hand washing is a must for everyone who enters the building and every time after they touch their face.
- Temperatures are taken for everyone who enters the building.
- Appointments are spread out throughout the week to limit the number of people in the waiting room at any given time
- Sessions will be individual only and not intermingled with other clients/families
- Sanitizing will continue throughout the day with medical grade cleaner between sessions and during sessions as needed
- All families need to report to us that they have not knowingly come in contact with anyone with the COVID-19 virus in the past 2 weeks, and that no one in their household presents with any COVID-19 symptoms.
We are happy to continue providing support during this pandemic, in a safe, welcoming, respectful, and compassionate atmosphere.
Please reach out to us by emailing us, to ask any questions or get set up for a session. This will be the quickest way to get a response as we work from home as much as possible.
On behalf of our entire Pediatric Potentials team, we hope that you and your families are safe and healthy during this uncertain time.
With healthiest regards,
Brian & Kelli Arnone